Prevent Plaque and Tooth Decay
Fissure Sealants Campbelltown
Similar to white fillings, fissure sealants are made of transparent composite resin. They aid in preventing cavities and tooth decay. Plaque-causing microorganisms are kept at bay by the sealants.
The rear molars’ fissures, grooves, and pits are frequently sealed with sealant. These are the common places where teeth develop cavities.
Your dentist, a dental hygienist, or an oral health therapist can do the operation.
Fissure sealants should be applied to teeth with a high risk of dental caries for various reasons specific to each patient.
These sufferers include those who:
- Poor plaque control
- Poor oral hygiene
- History of dental caries
- Enamel defects
- Early signs of dental cavities
- Deep pits and fissures
The Benefits of Fissure Sealants
If left untreated, tooth decay can be a significant dental disease. This can result in gum disease, foul breath, tooth discolouration, and tooth loss. As a result, preventing dental cavities before issues arise is critical.
Fissure sealants can help you and your child in the following ways:
- Reduces tooth decay development by up to 90 to 100%
- Sealants are beneficial to both children and adults.
- Fissure sealants provide additional protection for people who suffer from dry mouth, making them less vulnerable to tooth decay and cavities.
- An effective preventive therapy that can assist you in avoiding costly and complex dental procedures owing to various dental disorders.
- It improves your oral hygiene by making it easier to brush your teeth.
- Fissure sealants are visually appealing due to their colour, which makes them less noticeable.
Fissure Sealant Application Procedure
Fissure sealant application is a simple process that your Campbelltown dentist can conduct.
- Teeth are carefully cleansed and dried since food particles and saliva can prevent the sealant from adhering to the tooth.
- The tooth surface is washed with an acid gel or a chemical solution to ensure that the sealant adheres to the tooth.
- Under the sealant, an adhesive is placed.
- The sealant is applied.
- Depending on the type of sealant used, bright light may be utilised to cure the substance.
- The liquid sealant creates a robust barrier on the tooth surface.
- The bite is examined, and any extra material is polished away.
Fissure Sealants in Campbelltown
We offer a wide range of tooth services to help you maintain oral health and avoid dental problems, including fissure sealants.
At Marketfair Dental Care, we treat all our patients as we would our families by using the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Visit your Campbelltown dentist today!
You can also visit us at Marketfair Campbelltown Shop 21B, 4 Tindall St in Campbelltown.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do sealants last?
Sealants can survive for several years with good maintenance, but our Campbelltown dentist will inspect them during your appointment to ensure they are still in place.
Is it painful?
No, it is entirely painless.
How do fissure sealants work?
Fissure sealants fill in all the little grooves and dips on the tooth’s surface. They aid in the prevention of tooth decay by producing a protective layer on the surface of your tooth.
Which teeth should be sealed?
The molars and premolars at the back of the mouth are treated with fissure sealants because they have pits and fissures on their biting surfaces, which are common places for cavities to form.
Who do I get treatment from?
Inquire with your Campbelltown dentist about fissure sealant treatment.
We will inform you if fissure sealants are the most effective treatment for your teeth.