Preventing Oral Health Issues
Preventive Dentistry Campbelltown
Preventive dentistry is the current technique of caring for your teeth to keep them healthy.
Preventive dentistry aims to keep the teeth, gums, and mouth as healthy as possible to avoid tooth decay, gum disease, and other problems.
The two most common causes of tooth loss are decay and gum disease. The better you deal with these issues, the more likely you will keep your teeth for life.
Common Preventive Dentistry Services
Preventive dentistry services include the following:
Make an appointment for routine dental check-ups every six months or more frequently if you are more susceptible to oral illnesses.
Dental examinations should include monitoring oral growth and development, including a look at the development of caries. Your dentist may also perform oral cancer screenings to look for abnormal tissues.
Scale and Clean
It is advised to get teeth cleaned every six months to eliminate plaque and stains that brushing and flossing are unable to remove, as well as to look for signs of tooth decay.
With the aid of X-rays, dentists can search for indications and symptoms of dental issues that are not readily apparent during visual examinations, such as cavities between teeth and problems below the gum line.
To prevent teeth from breaking during sports, wearing a mouthguard created specifically for you by your dentist is essential.
In addition, mouthguards treat the condition known as bruxism, which can wear down teeth and worsen temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
Your Role in Prevention
Prevention of dental disease begins with you! Adopting good dental habits can reduce the likelihood of developing cavities, gum disease, and gingivitis.
Here are some pointers for keeping your mouth healthy:
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times daily, preferably in the morning and evening. You should clean your teeth using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. You can learn the proper brushing methods from your dentist.
- To get food out between your teeth before it becomes plaque, floss once daily.
- After flossing, use a fluoride mouthwash to remove any remaining food particles.
- Eat and drink less acidic things because they can erode dental enamel.
- Watch out for foods with bones, seeds, or pits, as well as other hard items that may chip or damage teeth, such as candies.
- Avoid smoking and using tobacco products since they can cause cancer and other oral issues.
- Use a mouthguard and other safety equipment when practising contact sports or leisure activities.
- Request a nighttime mouthguard from your dentist if you grind your teeth at night to help prevent gum recession.
Preventive Dentistry at Marketfair Dental Care
Prevention is always better than cure.
You may preserve your oral health and prevent tooth issues by utilising our preventative dental services at Marketfair Dental Care.
At Marketfair Dental Care, we treat all our patients as we would our families by using the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Visit your Campbelltown dentist today!
We are located at Marketfair Campbelltown Shop 21B, 4 Tindall St in Campbelltown.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often do I need to see a dentist?
We advise most individuals to visit us for a check-up every six months to ensure their teeth and gums are still in good condition. This often happens during your hygiene check-up, but if you’d rather, you can schedule a separate appointment.
What can I do to guard against dental issues?
Use fluoride-containing toothpaste and a soft-bristled brush at least twice daily to brush your teeth. To prevent food from becoming plaque, floss every day. After flossing, use an antimicrobial mouthwash to remove food debris. Request a nighttime mouthguard from your dentist if you grind your teeth at night to help prevent gum recession.