Scale and Clean
Professional Teeth Cleaning
Scale and Clean Campbelltown
A professional scale and clean eliminates persistent plaque and tartar that frequent brushing at home cannot remove.
Cleaning your teeth at least twice daily is necessary to maintain a healthy grin. Unfortunately, this procedure is commonly disregarded, resulting in dirty teeth.
A scale and clean every six months are recommended to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Why Do You Need a Scale and Clean?
A scale and clean may be required if:
- You have plaque or tartar that is difficult to eradicate with regular brushing.
- Your teeth have become darkened by cigarette smoke.
- Red wine, tea, and other alcoholic beverages stain or discolour your teeth.
- You suffer from TMJ discomfort and other jaw joint problems.
- You want to protect your teeth by taking preventative measures.
Benefits of Scale and Clean
Take pleasure in whiter, shinier teeth.
You can get calculus buildup on your teeth. This solid material may appear yellow. Before polishing your teeth, a professional scale and clean eliminates any hardened calculus, which helps to lift some surface stains.
Improved periodontal (gum) health
Calculus includes bacteria that can cause infections, so getting rid of them lowers your chance of developing periodontal disease.
Following the scale and clean, you’ll notice that your mouth feels very clean, which significantly impacts your breath.
Ensure the wellness of your entire body
Gum disease has been linked to several significant medical disorders, including diabetes, heart disease, dementia, and even some types of cancer. A simple strategy to lower your risk is to scale and clean.
Over time, it is less expensive to prevent dental diseases than to cure them, and keeping up with regular cleanliness treatments lowers your dental expenses.
Scale and Clean Procedure
You will receive a gentle, individualised teeth cleaning and scaling technique at Marketfair Dental Care that takes around an hour to complete.
The steps in the process are as follows:
- Your Campbelltown dentist will conduct a dental check-up before beginning the scale and cleaning to ensure you have no severe tooth issues.
- After the examination, plaque is removed from pockets and placed below the gum line using ultrasonic cleaning equipment. This apparatus makes it possible to brush all of the difficult-to-reach areas.
- Your Campbelltown dentist will scale and clean the top jaw, both front and back, and the lower jaw, both front and back, to complete the operation. This makes sure that no areas are left dirty and unscaled.
- Fluoride treatment, gum check-up, scaling, and cleaning will all be performed.
- You could undergo root planing for your gums to reattach to your teeth after scaling.
Your Campbelltown dentist will smoothen the tooth surfaces during the root planing procedure to help the gum tissue heal and reattach the teeth.
Your dentist in Campbelltown could suggest you follow a specific dental practice to encourage speedy healing.
A second appointment may be necessary for root planing, and the area may need to be numbed with a local anaesthetic.
Scale and Clean at Marketfair Dental Care
Regular professional scaling and cleanings allow you to maintain your teeth clean and cavity-free. Set up an appointment right away!
At Marketfair Dental Care, we treat all our patients as we would our families by using the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Visit your Campbelltown dentist today!
We are located at Marketfair Campbelltown Shop 21B, 4 Tindall St in Campbelltown.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often should I visit for a dental scale and clean?
A twice-yearly dental scale and clean aids in the prevention of gum disease.
Is it going to be painful?
Most people find scale and clean treatments painless, with no unpleasant sensations.