How to Overcome Dental Fear — Tips from Marketfair Dental Care
Signs and Symptoms of Dental Fear
People who fear getting their teeth cleaned may:
- racing heartbeat or palpitations
- visible distress, crying or signs of panic
- withdrawal, or using humour or aggression to mask anxiety
- low blood pressure and possible fainting
Tips for Overcoming Dental Fear Effectively
- Visit your dentist in the morning or on another less busy day. Fewer people and equipment that could make you feel anxious will be present.
- Bring earphones or noise-cancelling headphones with music to help you unwind.
- Request the company of a friend or family member at your appointment.
- To relax, try deep breathing exercises and other meditation techniques.
Above all, remember that it’s okay to take a break if you need one during your dentist visit. Establishing a “signal” with your dentist will also be beneficial, so they know when to stop.
Depending on your comfort level, you can either continue your visit when you’re ready or come back another day.
The Marketfair Dental Care Promise
When it comes to dental anxiety, your friendly Campbelltown dentist can help you deal with it by providing the best answer you’ve ever needed.
Your dental care partners at Marketfair Dental Care aim to provide a comfortable and pain-free dental experience every time you visit us.
At Marketfair Dental Care, we treat all our patients as we would our families by using the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Visit us at Marketfair Campbelltown Shop 21B, 4 Tindall St. in Campbelltown.